Copywriting Rates: How much does it cost?
I work on the premise that good words are of real value to the success of your organisation. At the same time, I try to keep my fees as low as possible.
Every piece of work is different. I generate a quote designed to match your exact requirements, charging on a per-task or per-project basis and giving you a fixed price so that you know exactly how much it will cost before a word is written.
It is almost impossible to provide a list of set fees for different types of tasks, but, as a guide, you could expect fees of around €250 per day. Hourly billing, at a rate of €35 per hour, may be appropriate initially if you are unsure or need help in determining your copywriting requirements and marketting approach.
I always try to charge a fair rate based on my skills and experience, the time it will take, the advice I offer and the value I add in producing quality work that gets results. You will find that my fees are very competitive. Good copywriting pays for itself many times over — bad copywriting can cost you a significant amount of money in lost revenue very quickly.
What determines the cost of a copywriting project?
Factors which determine the price for any given job include the length of time it is likely to take and the level of skill and research involved. The number of words required will also have an impact on price but is not necessarily the deciding factor.
I will always confirm my fees for the complete project or relevant stage of the project before commencement.
My Terms & Conditions
- For new clients and one-off projects, I require 50% of the agreed fee to be paid prior to commencement of the work itself. The remaining balance is due upon completion.
- Until full payment is received, ownership and copyright of my work remains with me.
- My per-task and per-project fees include up to two rounds of revisions after submission of the initial draft, providing that said revisions fall within the remit of the agreed brief. Additional fees may apply if you require amendments or additions that I could not reasonably have been expected to foresee. This might occur if you wish to change or add to the scope of the agreed brief after commencement.
- If for any reason you need to cancel the project after we have agreed commencement but before submission, 50% of the agreed fee (the deposit amount) will be charged.
- If I do not receive a response from you within 14 days of submission of the work I will consider the project to be completed and invoice in full.
- In the event of late payment an additional fee may be charged.
- If for any reason I am unable to complete your project within the deadline, I will contact you to advise you of this. You will be given the opportunity to cancel the project and receive a refund of any deposit or payment already made for work not completed in full.
- I understand that some projects may necessitate on-site meetings or collaborations. In these instances, I charge for attendance and travelling time based on my day rates.
- Travelling expenses are also required for on-site attendance, as are reasonable accommodation costs if one or more overnight stays are necessary.