This time last year we had just lost in a drop off (extra time – each team down to 4 players) in the European Championship final to England…
And I thought that was it, turning my back on Touch forever.
But here we go again. We’ve bounced back. Senior Mixed. Back at an international championship.
Relaunched. Rebranded. Better than ever.
Still fighting for justice and truth. Still wearing very tight pants.
Back in 2011, I played on these exact pitches we’ll play on tomorrow in the Touch World Cup, my debut tournament.
Those were more innocent times… In that year…
- Pitbull asked us to give him everything
- Made in Chelsea gave us all something greater to aspire to
- Jeggins had arrived and our world changed forever
- Donald Trump had not yet made America great again
- I played 8 games in the World Cup and lost all 8.
Will we ever see times like those again? The next three days will tell a lot. First game tomorrow 11am vs…. England, obviously.
Cup of tea.
And now to kick my teammate Billy out of the big bed and get a good night’s sleep.